About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Tuesday 23 February 2010

the lull before the storm or my sewing room is tidy so now I need to sew!

I found a really easy and clever way to make vanishing 9 patch blocks on one of the blogs I have been reading! It just sew happens I have a number of scrap 5" squares from various other quilts already on the sewing table. I have been wondering what to do with them ! So later today I plan to play and see if I can follow the tutorial and make some blocks, if it works then I will cut some on puppose and make a watch me grow quilt!!! That is an unplanned serendipity quilt that just sort of happens. With luck I will use up quite a lot of my scrap pile!! then the draws might actually close but dont hold your breath! It means I have to find the blog and the tutorial because I am not clevr at bookmarking things! I just hope I can get back so that I can thank the kind lady who posted the tutorial!!
The lull is that we are waiting for the next 'dump' of snow!! We are due more winter over the next 3 days and today has that 'it's coming' feeling although at the moment its quite bright. I am off to walk the poor dog so he can have his breakfast, before the weather closes down>>

1 comment:

Pat said...

I love doing disappearing 9-patch quilts (I call them D9P's for short). You will have a lot of fun with that!