About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Sunday 21 February 2010

long time no speak!!

It feels a while since I last chatted and so much has happened! We managed to get down to Surrey to visit Samantha and the children despite Paul being quite poorly the weekend before we were to travel. Fortunately we think it was just a 24hr job and he managed to drive all the way. We had a really lovely week, many hugs and cuddles and bonus was Paul's eating and energy levels seemed to go up a gear!
I took some redwork but didnt actually get to do any as I was too busy playing and cuddling small people.
We had a brilliant visit to my baby sister Nicola, she put on a splendid spread and the whole family was there, Gary came home from work for lunch so he didnt miss out and Barry also managed to be there. Its so unusual for us all to be in the same place at the same time, only Ben was missing sadly but it would have been impossible for him to got there as well!
Now we are back home and its snowing again, just by way of a change!! Hopefully I will get some serious sewing done this week, I have some redwork to finish and some scrap blocks to zip together, I must start to dip into to the stash. Having read some very inspirational blogs I realise |I am being very lazy and un creative at the moment. I think if I can get my creative juices flowing again I will start to feel less miserable!! February is a little late for New Year's Resolutions but hey better late than never! I have so much fabric I should be able to make at least one scrap quilt!!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I find I have worked from my stash a lot in recent months. It feels good to use something I already have here......and not have to go out to buy something new! I'm glad your visit went so well.