About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Sunday 24 January 2010

A Week already!

I was so pleased with this quilt but now I have seen how I could have made it even more interesting and used even more scraps from my stash. I saw a fabulous pattern where the pinwheels were the centre and were bordered by flying geese and squares to make a star block! Now that really calls me! I have a thing about quick pieced half square triangles and stars!! As I have just indulged in a new angler it cuts piecing time down!! I think that might just be my next large project.
This week's quilt in day programme finished the tennessee waltz pattern, as it was only a cot quilt Just 9 blocks and 2 borders that will have to go on my to do list as well! Just have to get on with the library star throw, wish I had remembered about the 4patch in the corner, bu tnow have made 4 blocks not going to go back!! Reading other quilting blogs has regenerated my creative juices and I am buzzing again!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. It enabled me to find yours and I just signed up as a follower. The area in which you live looks very interesting and I will enjoy reading your blog, I'm sure.

Donna said...

The pinwheels are very pretty. I've always liked them.