About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Saturday 23 January 2010

Quilting

This was supposed to be a way to capture my quilting thoughts and progress, instead it's turned into a weather report! We live in such an exposed area I suppose it's natural to be completely preoccupied with the weather.
New Year, New Resolution! After watching Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day TV programme on English television I have become re- energised. I was so excited to find a new channel on Sky which carries a quilt programme!! I have got the triangle in a square ruler and have started a new quilt! Only 4 blocks done and I have no clue how many I will need but every journey starts with the first step! My study has a green sofa with a very old, too small and very boring plaid throw, so I have decided to learn how to use my new toy by making green star blocks and putting them in a throw to cover the sofa. It has to look better than now, will use up some of my stash in an organised fashion and teach me new techniques at the same time. With luck it will take my mind away from Paul's illness and give me something postitive to focus on. I think I will machine quilt it as that will also be a step along the learning curve. I have got quite good a getting stitches on both sides of the quilt now! Even without the BSR foot!! I might even be brave enough to attempt a more definite pattern with stippling to create more texture.
My daughter Samantha has requested a sample quilt which includes zippers, buttons and laces to teach Daisy how to cope with fastenings! She is such a poppet and very clever! When I previewed this I realise no one else will want to look at it as there are no photos! Well maybe that's tomorrows problem!!

No comments: