About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Friday 8 January 2010

Friday 8th Jan
well we managed to get to the end of the week and Paul hasnt missed a radiotherapy session despite the appalling weather. They managed to find someone with a 4x4 and so he has got in each day. Weekend off then in for a week. We had the snow blower and plough up today and Colin & I passed a gritter coming from Chapel. Some of the icicles in Chapel are spectacular, really wish I had taken my camera. I followed the snowplough and snowblower to the main road, that would have been a fabulous picture with the snow arcing over the wall into the fields.
Safely delivered John's birthday present to Eddie and collected the papers he has been saving for us, on the way back to the car I did a superb triple salco with tuck! Cold, wet and fractured dignity! Pleased to have filled up with diesel at Stanhope and felt very clever to have got out with the RAV. Colin was pleased as he managed to get a lift to and from Chapel. He said he hadnt realised how heavy his few bits of shopping would be!
Paul has been delayed coming back from James Cook as his driver had to go and rescue another car, obviously not a 4x4. Still they fed him lunch and he is on his way back now. Sam and Phil have been very complimentary about my photos! she would love to hire a 4x4 and come up for skiing!! it really is spectacular and I feel quite pleased that we have not run out of fuel or food!!
It's set to continue next week so visiting Paul might be tricky. Still at least he will be in and therefore we wont have the daily worry that he cant get there.

No comments: