About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Saturday 2 January 2010

dug for victory!

Another snowy day!! The plough came through overnight and cleared the road so Boro cars managed to pick Paul up at 8am!!! we were all amazed as it had snowed nearly all day yesterday and we had at least another 4". while he was away I managed to dig out the hens again, and the coal bunker, log shed and wash house. The 4ft wall of snow across the drive was more daunting! I decided the only sensible thing to do was to ask for help, so I phoned Kenny and victoria. They turned up on the quad bike like the cavalry! After a few minutes digging, Victoria went up to Neville's and he came down with the tractor and bucket and made short work of moving the snow out of the way. Kenny, bless him, reversed the RAV back so I should be able to get off the drive quite easily. Paul phoned to say he was on his way home and got back about 12midday. He had just got in safely when the weather closed in again and it has snowed steadily all afternoon. Its blowing too so there is some drifting.
While Paul was away I managed to clean under the stairs where the cat has been weeing!! sort out a litter tray for him, dry the rest of the washing and iron it and sort out the 'green box recycling'
Nice to have a day off tomorrow, although we are due more snow, the long range forecast predicts more snow into next week! Still only 5 more journeys then Paul will be in for a week and we wont have to worry about the transport!
spent a pleasant afternoon quilting and watching Upstairs Downstairs
with luck Cottage Gardens will be finished by the end of January. I am trying really hard to spend a couple of hours each afternoon quilting, that way I feel as though I am making progress.

No comments: