About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Saturday 27 February 2010

quilt shop

This is a stolen quickie!! I am supposed to be relaying the fire in our log burner! I can understand why the Inuit have more than 50 words for snow! Last night's dump is very wet and looks like candyfloss on the trees and bushes, very pretty! Hopefully as it is very wet it will melt quickly. This afternoon I am off to the quilt shop about 45 miles away with my friend to choose fabric for her Farm playmat, and sashing and borders for my redwork! Last night I finished 8 more d9p blocks ( thanks for that Pat) I have laid them out on the cutting table and they are beginning to look like a very pretty scrap lap quilt!!More later if I can work out how to put more pictures on here.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I'm not sure if you found my disappearing 9 patch (D9P) tutorial or not......but it is a GREAT way to use scraps. Wherever you found the tutorial, I'm glad you are having fun with it. I hope you have an enjoyable time with your friend at the fabric shop, too.

Jean said...

You will have to show us those blocks soon, they sound pretty. Have fun shopping!