About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Thursday 10 June 2010

Another Tip Trip!

Yesterday saw yet another carload of extra to requirements hit the tip!! We sorted out the big unit in the study and got rid of old videos which with the advent of DVD are never going to be watched again! This had the knock on effect of emptying the kitchen dresser of boxed games which can now go in the study and ridding the sewing room fabric cupboard of computer paper and sundries!!
Fired with this success I made Paul pass down the stuff on the top shelves of the sewing room cupboard and bookshelves so I could get rid of old school videos, books and lots of saved but useless  bits of assorted wadding from previous projects! I kept usefull pieces but was ruthless with the rest! I even managed to empty old magazine files with cookery magazines which were just collecting dust, thus freeing them up for essential quilting magazines to be filed in some semblance of order. Now when the rest of the school stuff goes back I will have a shelf for the re-organised quilting magazines!!
Now for labels for the boxes for strips and squares, then I will attack the chest of drawers! I intend to have colour coordinated drawers for fat quarters only, everything else will be stripped or squared and put in the appropriate box, then with luck it will actually be seen and used rather than hidden in a drawer! This is a good plan I am not sure if it will succeed but it's good to have a plan!
This morning I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new computer desk for the study. This has meant I have had to dismantle the computer, printer, keyboard, mouse, extension drive and web cam and disconnect the internet! I have used colour coded stickers but am hoping desperately to remember where everything goes so I can put it back together again without having to wait for my son Ben to come up from Stoke to sort it out!!! Fingers and toes are firmly crossed!!!
With another busy day scheduled for tomorrow with shopping (56mile drive) counselling ( 22mile drive) then choir ( 22mile drive)! I suspect this will be a no sew week but with the world cup footy on for the next month I should be able to catch up!

2 comments:

Pippa Moss - Welsh Quilts said...

Yes, I got rid of my teaching videos recently - all those years taping appropriate programs - but things move on - I did feel guilty at the tip as I got rid of them (all four boxes of them)....

Donna said...

Good for you for continuing with the organization. It sounds like you're accomplishing a lot.