About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Thursday 24 June 2010

rats!!!

well it was much cloudier to day so we attacked the shed! Surprisingly it didn't take us long, we took everything outt and then discovered yet another hole the rats had chewed through into the shed! We put some slaymore down and Paul blocked it up before we swept out all the straw and debris from the floor, yet another full car load of junk for the tip!
It was lovely this morning being able to walk into the shed without clambering over rubbish. After the all important England game I started on the fabric drawers in the sewing room, I am sorting out complete fat1/4's and refolding them into the small drawers at the top of the chest, larger pieces are folded into colour coded bigger drawers and any thing else is going into a large basket under the Grace frame to be stripped and filed according to width in my new labelled boxes!!! I think this could be a long job! I have an old feed bag to hand for complete rubbish!! I wonder how many bags I will fill.
every time I think I have finished sorting out rubbish I find another little store! Next job will be the old kitchen dresser ( the man and lady drawers and cupboards)! I suspect it will be like painting the Forth bridge, a never ending task, once you have finished its time to start again!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Your fabric sorting system sounds very good. I think I'd be afraid of your shed, though, as I'd worry that I might have an encounter with a rat there!!!

Donna said...

Good for you continuing on your sorting and organizing. Mine has reached a temporary (I hope) stall while we do a bit of traveling, but I need to get back to it when we are home again.