About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Tuesday 22 June 2010

sunny days and hay meadows

Finaly patience rewarded Summer has arrived, clear blue skies and hay meadows! The fields are full of buttercups and cow parsley waving in the breeze. From high on the lonnen ( lane) there is a patchwork quilt of grey dry stone wall, and yellow fields, once they start cutting up here these golden fields will turn lime green which really stands out against the dark green fir trees!
The hedgerowsnt are fabulous at the moment, bee orchids, cow parsley, wild geraniums, alchemilla mollis ( ladies mantle) and white and red clover, I even saw the purple pea flowers of vetch in the grasses this morning. It was so peaceful, just the lapwings calling and the buzz of happy bees! Definitely a good to be alive day! To add to that I weighed in a pound lighter at Slimming World last night and school is finished for this week! I am trying to be patient as I wait in for the new garden furniture to be delivered, then I plan to tackle the shed!! Its due to be dry for the rest of the week so I thought stuff could get left out safely if we don't manage it in one day!!
I am looking forward to lunches on the patio and some outdoor cutting to reduce some of the scraps into usuable strips!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Doesn't sunshine and beauty around you just raise your spirits? It does sound beautiful all around you. I loved all the stone fences that we saw when we were in the British Isles.