About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Monday 7 June 2010

Off to school we go!

It felt very strange getting up early and setting off to school after nearly 6months off sick! It was good to take more stuff back and clear even more room on the shelves. I felt a bit apprehensive but everyone was very supportive and the children seemed pleased to see me. The junior class was a breeze as I only had 6 children, 2 were absent and the one difficult child has left!! Needless to say in the best primary tradition of unexpected events, we had a power cut just as I was about to show a video about Sikhism!!! The children took it all in their strides and we coped!! After assemble and playtime we practised the Fench songs for the International Song Conference they are attending next week.
The day flew by and I managed to leave on time!!! One down just six more to do!
Hopefully this week I should be able to do more on my star quilt and complete the last redwork block so I can layer it up and quilt it!
The stricken plants survived our week away and are showing signs of throwing off the weedkiller and growing again, while I am pleased they are not dead, it doesn't fill me with confidence that it will be effective against the weeds!! I had a lovely time at the garden centre and collected more compost and bedding plants for the pots in the big garden. The small triangle bed outside the front door is beginning to look much better now the ' snow on the mountain' has been ruthlessly dug up! It's lovely but so invasive nothing else stands a chance! maybe if the weather is kind tomorrow I will get some photos to show you.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Your last week - how exciting that must be. I am sure it will fly by. I know how you feel - our weeds seem to be heartier than our weed killer a lot of times.