About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Friday 16 April 2010

Changing luck?!

Paul has researched another fiesta to replace the one we killed last saturday!! So with luck we will have another car tomorrow!  The Insurance people finally contacted us today to confirm the old car is officially extinct! Both Paul and I were feeling very tired today and a bit under the weather so we had a quiet day, but we did manage to buy the paint for the study! I think tomorrow, while Paul is watching the sport I will paint one of the walls in the study.
I went online last night and tried to find a cranberry wishes layer cake, to compliment my jelly roll. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful! I think it must be an old range, so tonight I will try to find something that will tone with it. Any suggestions welcomed!! We have had two lovely afternoons, sunny with clear blue skies and no wind. It even felt warm in the sun so maybe Spring is finally on the way. I am even beginning to get the urge to plant some flowers and clear some weeds!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Good luck with your search for something to match your jelly roll. I do see yardages of some of the Cranberry Wishes fabric when I search online...but no layer cake that I can find, either. Good news about the car find!