About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Saturday 17 April 2010

lovely surprise!

Maybe our luck is changing at last!! We found a car today,  a v reg fiesta, very tidy, MOT and tax sorted!!! The only snag is it's green and I have a definite allergy to green cars!! When I first started to learn to drive it was in a green car and it was not a good experience, it has put me off green cars for life! Well beggars and choosers and all that, it's a good price, good condition and right time so the colour will have to grow on me.
We got back from looking at the car and found a message on the answerphone to say my sister and nephew were on their way to visit us! Moya lives 350 miles away but had to come to Lancaster ( only 1and 1/2 hrs drive away) to take my neice back to university. She decided to make a day and visit us, she went back to Lancaster to stay with Sarah overnight and will drive home tomorrow.
We don't get to see each other very often, I saw her last in February so it was a lovely surprise and we had a really good chat! She was pleased to see Paul looking so well and he was pleased to be told it!! Mike was delighted as he got to watch the footy with Paul so a good time was had by all. Even the weather was good!
In the post today we got a DVD from Samantha with videos of the girls called happy memories, we all enjoyed watching them. Maybe tomorrow will be a garden day!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I'm glad to hear the good news about that nice car....and you CAN like it being green, I tell you!!! Here's how: tell yourself, "Green car...or NO car?" I'm sure GREEN car will win!!! Nice to have that surprise visit, too.

Donna said...

How nice that you found a car that will be good for you. And such a treat to get to see your sister. I am in Arizona visiting my sister now, and know how nice that is.