About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Thursday 29 April 2010

a good day

We set off for  a ride out to Bedale, a market town in Yorkshire. We thought it would have little craft and browsing shops but sadly it didn't! So we carried on to Leyburn, another small market town. They are all in the dale of Wensleydale, famous for it's cheese. It was a prettier place but we didn't have time to explore properly, lunch was good though!
On the way home Paul humoured me with a visit to a garden. It was a very pleasant collection of daffodils, all different varieties naturalised under trees and a collection of magnolia trees, some were in bloom but most had yet to flower. It was the kind of place you could visit any time of the year and find something of  interest. A gentle but good day, good for the soul.
The hospital test yesterday showed I don't have carpal tunnel syndrome, which is good, but didn't tell us what is causing my hands to be painful. I suspect it's sewing related so I am trying to be good and not do the same action for too long! Tricky as I am obsessive and get engrossed in what I'm doing and loose track of time.
The new car has been very comfortable and I am really trying hard to like green cars!!!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I"m glad you had a nice day trip and a good lunch there. I have occasional carpal tunnel problems and easing up on activities helps me.