About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Monday 3 May 2010

Spring hasSprung!

It must be Spring! I have the nesting syndrome, I am decluttering and deep cleaning the house room by room and adding in general maintenance and light decorating! It hasnt been done since Paul was taken ill two years ago so its really ready for it!! We have redecorated the study, and moved furniture, cleared cupboards and ordered a new desk!! Gradually the school stuff is being whittled down and disposed of in preparation for retirement in the summer!!!
 I moved on to the kitchen, its also my dining room so its huge! The dresser has been decluttered and cleaned, and the sideboard drawers, today its windowledges and touching up water damage on the ceiling!
 Next week the washhouse beckons! I have decided on a new layout which will be neater and easier to clean, as well as new storage to get rid of the disgusting mess under the sink and on the windowledge.
 This is all leading up to the BIG ONE! Yes the sewing room! I think that may well take me the rest of the year! I have UFO block of the month, loads of scraps to strip and file in the new storage I have yet to buy! As well as surplace 'stuff' which has been dumped for want of a better place! I think it will be my Autumn project once I have left school!!
More urgently we have to repair the shed door, some pesky rats have chewed through the door to get to the chicken feed, mostly its stored in plastic bins with lids but of course because of the Bank Holiday we had a spare sack of layers which they have chewed into! I have put it in the bin now, horses and stable doors spring to mind. but we still have the problem of making it secure again. I think we will have to be very careful to shut the chickens away at night and put out lots of slaymore till the rats have moved on somewhere else!

2 comments:

Pat said...

OOOOOOO...rats scare me!!! It sounds like you are getting a lot done and I know that's a very good feeling. I need to get cracking on that here, too.

Donna said...

Oh, you are an inspiration, getting so much done! I need to get going on sorting through things and getting better organized.