About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Thursday 13 May 2010

family reunion

We had a lovely two days with Paul's sister Denise and her family! What lovely children, although as teenagers they aren't really children any more. It was as though the last 15yrs had never happened and  there was no break!
They loved the house and location and can't wait to come back for a 'proper' visit when we can show them around more. Denise was very pleased with Paul's progress and as a current nurse was able to reassure him more than I can that he is actually making very good progress. He still feels its slow!!
We laughed over all the old photos and remembered different days, it was so good and I felt so pleased that Katie her daughter had pestered until contact was re made.
My quilts were admired in a local exhibition, apparently some people actually wanted to buy them! They weren't for sale as I use them but it was gratifying to think someone would want them!
I am still slowly making stars for the 'study' sofa! I am making them by hand so I am reallly enjoying the relaxing rythmn in the evenings!! Its sunny here today so a major hen hut clean out is on the cards! We had the septic tank emptied last night  as well, we will be so squeaky clean we wont know ourselves!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I'm glad the reunion was such a nice one and also glad you have some nice weather, too.

Donna said...

How wonderful that the time together was so successful. Family is so important, and I'm pleased that the lack of contact is in the past. Good weather is sure a bonus, isn't it?