About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Saturday 22 May 2010

Almost Summer!

It was so hot yesterday while I was planting up the pots I took the momentous decision to remove our winter quilt and wash it! I decided that if I folded it inside out it could dry on the line. No sooner had I pegged it out when we had a thunderstorm, then intermittent showers all afternoon! Who said God doesn't have a sense of humour!!!
I could bear it dripping all over the kitchen floor so I left it on the line, well rainwater is good for rinsing!!
It was strange to be out with the staff from Rookhope School last night, good to break my duck as it were before starting again after half term. I felt like an outsider looking in  and actually it was quite nice! I will be pleased when I am really an outsider!! I have been planning in my head a timetable for all the quilts I want to make from September and they were quite surprised at how much I was intending to sew!
Today it's clear blue and hot again, although next week we are to revert to normal, so we are making the most of it and going to a friends for a barbecue! Paul has volunteered me to make a strawberry meringue roulade so I had better go and get started!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I hope you enjoyed your barbecue! Barbecue isn't on the agenda here today. We keep having rain showers from time to time.