About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Sunday 16 May 2010

tip run

I was so lucky a school friend took all my old school books and 'stuff' apparently anything she doesn't want will go to another friend who has links with a 3rd world school who desperately need resources. Now that's what I call recycling!! I have finally cleared the coffe table in the study and moved it away from the windowledge to the front of the sofa! My room is beginning to resemble a room!!! Can't wait for my new desk to complete the 'look'.
Today it's wardrobe and dressing table, I am 'wizzling' out all the faded washed out jumpers and clothes I no longer wear! It's such a good feelling to get rid of clutter, I feel mentally de cluttered and stronger too. The counsellor said it would probably have that effect and she was so right.
Paul  comes home this afternoon, he sounds as though he has had a really good time, probably did him good to have some male company and get away from home for a break.
I walked Barney too far up the 'lonnen' today and have irritated my turned ankle so I will have to sit and sew this afternoon to rest it!! As it's a choice between sitting and sewing and standing and ironing it's really no contest! I have a brilliant idea for a quilt for my neice but can't work out how to draw it in EQ6 or on paper! I want to do an irregular log cabin on point with photos of the family as the log centres. She wants purples and plums with touches of pink and silver. My idea was a diagonal 'line' of pink blocks across the centre of the quilt, each subsequent 'row' graduating out to deep purple at the sides with just one log of silver in each cabin so it looks like a river running through! I can see it in my head but can't work out how to do it!!! Any suggestions greatly appreciated! I don't even know how to make an irregular log cabin!!This is what I mean about improving my design and piecing skills, I have ideas but now clue how to do them.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Your quilt idea sounds fabulous.....hopefully, you can figure it out or someone can help you. (I am NOT that someone as I am clueless about how to make a design get from someone's head onto the fabric!!! LOL)

Donna said...

I look forward to seeing that quilt design. I know it will turn out beautifully! You have inspired me to work on reorganizing and get rid of some of our stuff. It all just seems so overwhelming.