About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Thursday 27 May 2010

Two more sleeps!

Every morning this week Samantha has let Daisy ring to talk to us, she will be 3yrs in July and she iscounting down the days until we visit in sleeps!! Yesterday totally unprompted she told Grandad 3 more sleeps!!!
We have had a mixed bag of weather this week, very breezy and cold, some rain but when sheltered and in the sun, gloriously hot!
Pride goes before a fall they say, I was so pleased at planting up my pots, finding a watering can and remembering to water regularly. I was disappointed that the plants looks a bit sick but thought I watered too late and the sun had scorched them. Paul has now fixed the hose and outside tap for me, while making sure it would extend to the back patio he remarked that the plants looked very sick and were they supposed to look like that?
Then announce Oh I think I used that watering can for weedkiller last year!!!!!!!!! I know he wont have rinsed it out so I have been weeding the pots!!!!
Oh well if they survive our week 'down south' with Samantha and the girls, then they were meant to and if they dont I will drag him to his favourite place, the garden centre for more!!
My little redwork from Paula is nearly finished, just one more block to sew, then the fun time of handquilting in the garden ( or on the beach).
My Starry quilt is coming together, I have 3 big blocks of 5 stars put together, when I have 4 I will lay it out and decide if I need more or just sashing and borders!
Samantha has asked for me to take the sewing machine home, I think she has realised how quickly it can put up hems, sew curtains etc!!
The other momentous news is that Poppy is crawling!!!! Daisy said we have to mind her fingers!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

I hope you will have a wonderful trip to see your family. Our grandson asks also, how many sleeps it is until a certain event. That's so cute. I hope your plants will survive. Maybe they will recover while you 're gone.