About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Saturday 15 May 2010

Plans gang oft awry!

well the good thing about plans is they change!! Counselling went well and confirmed my resignation decision. Unfortunately the Associate Head wasn't able to fit me in so it will be next week now that I hand in my letter. I didn't get to the library but for a very good reason....... I found a new quilt shop!
well new to me! It's a unit on an industrial estate so in British terms it's huge! A big range of all kinds of fabrics, dressmaking, curtains as well as a very good range of quilt fabric. They have a workshop programme but even better they have lots of sessions where you work on your own but have access to a teacher for when you get stuck! That really suits me because I have got passed the complete beginner stage and don't want to make bags, quillows and table runners, I can do that at home! I want to develop my designing and piecing skills and I like to think big!! All my beds need king size quilts! I tend to use queen size as sofa throws!! Maybe I am compensating because I am only 5ft tall!!! Well off to walk the dog and make a start on my big clear out!!

1 comment:

Pat said...

How wonderful to find a new quilt shop. Is it near to your house so it will be convenient for you?