About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Friday 14 May 2010

Brave girl!

well today I am being very brave! Paul has gone away for the weekend with old colleagues! It's the first weekend we have been apart since the cancer came back! I know he  will have a brilliant time and all his friends are aware of his illness and will take care of him but it feels strange to be here on my own.
The second brave thing is I have written my resignation letter and made the phone call to set it all in motion! No turning back now!! It feels strange too! But I know its the right time and I really am looking forward to not going to school in september, it will make the last 7 weeks of the summer term all the sweeter when I go back, knowing they are the last!!!
Needless to say its freezing cold and grey today!!! The hens dont mind they are still scrating up the garden, little do they know Paul has plans to end that next week. He has found some old planks he intends nailing to the bottom of the fencing, just burying the last inch and putting heavy stones against them! Hopefully that will fool them for a while!
I plan to spend the afternoon quilting tomorrow, today I have counselling and the library and hopefully a meeting at school with the associate head to formally hand over my letter!!!
As Paul is away I am going to do some serious wardrobe and old school plan 'weeding'! How nice it will be to get rid of clutter!!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Enjoy your weekend and don't be bogged down by worries about Paul. He will be fine and this is a good thing for both of you! Congrats on the upcoming full retirement, too!

Donna said...

Congratulations on two fronts: your upcoming retirement, and your work on clearing things out. You are an inspiration!