About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Thursday 6 May 2010

something's growing!

It's pouring today and low cloud so we have postponed our outing to Leyburn for  a more practical outing to go shopping for our visitor's food!! If it cheers up we will go tomorrow, the idea we can be flexible is wonderful!
I looked out of  the study window while I was waiting for the computer to boot up and as well as the hens I could see signs of garden life!! Despite the hard winter, rabbit predations and naughty hens scratching up everything there are signs that the perennial plants are finally fighting back! We have some daffodills, spirea and dogwoods are in bud, clumps of geranium greening up and the currant bush is in flower! Hostas are poking through and the sidalcea is starting to show! Maybe it wont be quite such a desert out there as I thought. The yellow loosestrife under the tree is also trying hard!!! Nature is so resiliant!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I'm glad you are seeing such positive signs of spring!