About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Thursday 20 May 2010

beautiful day

It's been glorious here today, clear blue skies and hot!!! We spent a profitable morning sorting out the pots on the patio. They have been emptied of old compost and refilled ready to plant up again tomorrow! Paul used the old compost to fill in all the rat and rabbit holes so we feel very 'green' as we recycled it all!
Quick lunch and then the long drive to the hospital, it's 60 miles away, for Paul's endoscopy. We were both a bit apprehensive and had warned the children and everyone else that we were unlikely to have any results today.
So you can imagine our joy when not only were we given results but GOOD ones as well!! Mr Davies, the surgeon who did Paul's oesophagectomy, was there to do the endoscopy and he couldn't find anything nasty at all, nothing to biopsy  and told Paul it was all fine. He thinks the symptoms Paul gets is probably due to scarring after the operation and the radiotherapy. We are hoping that they will subside with time, it's still early days, apparently it can take up to a year to recover from the radiotherapy so he is doing really well.
I may even be inspired to do some sewing at the weekend!!! I want to cut some more fabric to hand piece some more stars. Especially if the weather is fine, perfect to hand piece in the sunshine, I can imagine myself on the beach!!

2 comments:

Donna said...

I'm so glad for you and Paul that the results of the endoscopy were all good. Nice too that you had a beautiful day. We sure didn't. It has poured a good share of the day, and we had itty bitty hail, which almost looked like snow.

Pat said...

YAY for such good news about Paul! I hope you have more nice weather so you can finishing the plantings in your pots tomorrow.