About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Sunday 23 May 2010

First BBQ of the summer

We had a beautiful day yesterday. Christine's garden is so peaceful and tranquil, with stunning views over the Dale and the weather was perfect. We had John's own beef which was superb and cooked to perfection!!
At the table Christine announced it was a celebration for Paul's good news and her own recovery from a very nasty virus! We are truly blessed with such very good friends! Conversation flowed easily and ranged over all sorts of topics close to our hearts! The men bantered and teased and John ended proceedings in the evening by threatening to squirt us all with the hose! He only managed to 'get' his sister! I suspect she was the only one who he could rely on not to retaliate!!!
Christine has finished the quilting on the playmat and made the binding, just got to put the two together and slipstitch it then it will be finished. Next Saturday is Eastgate Sheep Show, our local one, and she has had strict instructions from Leanne it is to be ready for then!!! I really love the pink polka dot fabric she has chosen for the border and binding!!
I have been good 'resting' my ankle this week and wearing a support and it is much better, so next week I can get back to walking the dog with Paul again, unfortunately the forecast is for it to be cooler and more unsettled! That figures!
While the good weather lasts I am frantically catching up on 2yrs weeding and planting up pots. Today's task is to clear the garden patio of moss!!! and reinstate the patio table and chairs. It does feel strange to think in two weeks I will be back at school, even though it's for a limited time. I think because when I left I was doing three afternoons which effectively meant three whole days it feels more onerous than it will be. When I go back I will be doing just Monday of each week. Talking to the cover teacher at the meal on Friday there is quite a bit organised so it should be quite easy with not too much planning. They are taking part in the International singing Festival mid June, I entered it before I went off sick. So the first couple of weeks will be rehearsing and perfecting their pronounciation as they are singing in French. She has also organised two speakers for RE, a Sikh and our local Vicar to talk about aspects of their respective faiths, once we add in swimming it should fly by !!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Your BBQ sounds wonderful. I think we need some new photos from you soon. :)

Donna said...

Glad you had a good time. Your school days will be over before you know it. It sounds like you keep very, very busy. I hope your ankle will continue to improve.