About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Sunday 11 April 2010

sick quilt!

Samantha and the girls have flown home now, we had a lovely visit and were initiated into the delights of 'soft play'! I climbed nets and went down slides like a 2yr old!!!! Certainly managed things I didn't think I could with Daisy's encouragement, you just can't say no thank you when she says," come on Nanny!"
The weather was cold and windy, it even snowed on Easter Saturday but this weekend is completely different, Spring has definitely arrived and it's warm and sunny.
Ben and Joy are visiting this week, he is very sad as his 'freedom' quilt is sick!! It is very old and loved now and has torn on the border. He is hoping the quilt doctor will mend it and stop any further wear and tear! Fortunately we managed to find a patch of the original fabric and I have patched it in! I have told him it's the last of the fabric so if it needs mending again we will have to think about making a new one! This was not well received!!
 We had fun as Joy and Ben helped me to move the handquilting frame from the library into the kitchen as we want to decorate in the library and I have a quilt on the frame. It involved carrying the frame outside the house and round and back in the front door, we had some strange looks from passing motorists! Despite living in a remote rural area with a very quiet road it's amazing how many people want to travel past if you are doing something mildly odd like moving a quilt frame!!

1 comment:

Pat said...

Now...will we have some photos of Nanny on the slide with Daisy????