About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Wednesday 31 March 2010

Whiteout again!

I have piccys!!! I managed to make a mattress, pillow and 2 dolly quilts for Daisy's new dolly's bed! I am slowly using up the D9P patches, only about 6 left now!! I put handles on the secret cushion ( quillow) to turn it into a bag and found a small hard bodied baby doll at the local paper shop which fits inside nicely!!
The 2 little dolly quilts are bound but need some little quilted motifs in the big squares to really turn them into quilts, if I have time I am going to put little labels on the back! Daisy won't appreciate them but her mummy will!!
I love these fushia pink buttons!
This is mummy's big girl secret cushion, I have really big fushia buttons to put the handles on this one! The last photo is to show Winter has come back!! I took this at 10am this morning! I just hope it behaves like a good Lambing Storm and melts quickly because Samantha and Phil are driving up from 'down South' on Friday night ( 350miles) and I really don't want them to have to drive through bad weather with the children! Off to sew buttons and quilt motifs now.

2 comments:

Pat said...

Love all the dolly things and the big quillow...but NOT loving snow at this time of year! I, too, hope it melts quickly for you.

Donna said...

Goodness, I am behind reading your blog, and I'm hoping your family arrived safely and that you had a wonderful visit. Your doll blankets the the quillow are very pretty!