About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Saturday 13 March 2010

All's Well

Thankfully the biopsy result was as expected!! Sadly the car failed the MOT, apparently a 'coil' has a crack in it, so it's booked in for first thing Monday morning, the good news is that it shouldn't be too expensive and the garage man thought it was a 'ver tidy car!' So hopefully it will last a while!
Paul has managed a 'normal' week, apart from not working, with no ill effects so that is good news. I chased his scan date and it looks like the end of the month, just when our daughter and granddaughters visit! Well when they are planned to visit, Samantha had decided to fly up from 'down south' with the 2 girls by herself as Phil has no more holiday time he can take. She felt a 350 mile car journey by herself with an 8month old and a 2 1/2 yr old would be just a bit too much like hard work!! When they are that age you really need a co driver. However British Airways staff have decided to strike! So her flight may be cancelled, it's a bit like watch this space.
As requested here are some of theD9P blocks, some are waiting to be pressed, others are waiting to be squared up. See if you can spot my deliberate mistake ( not )! I was trying to be so careful but being a spatially challenged quilter is difficult! This was how I wanted the blocks to look, but somehow I managed to twist some and this is what I got.

Can you spot the difference? Well as it's a scrap quilt I don't think it will make too much difference so I am not going to resew them!! I don't know how I did it, it's just a special skill I have.!
Busy fingers got their bindings on apart from one friend who didn't believe me when I said 1/4" seam and managed to miss the front edge and sew to the wadding!!! She is going to reverse sew this little error in time for next week, when we will  have another try!!  The others are hopefully doing their homework and slip stitching the binding to the back, If I can remember my camera I will take piccys, last week I remembered everything except the extension lead, but fortunately there was one at the village hall. As they all kindly said, at least I remembered the cakes! The joke is I don't bake because Paul doesn't like cake, but because we have been having company on Sunday afternoons I have been making cup cakes. I take the 'spares' to Busy Fingers, now they all think I am an expert. Last week one of my friends asked me what I thought about the new silicone baking tins and would I recommend her to get one!!!!! I had to confess I was just practising and they were my guinea pigs!!!!!! They have been very complimentary, I expect because they want to encourage me and hope for more cake.! This week I am going to attempt Cheese scones, they are a delicacy in the North  of England and everyone has their own recipe! I am going to use the basic scone recipe that Samantha got in school and just add cheese!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I'm glad about your biopsy results and sorry about the car. Vehicles can be such trouble BUT we need them. I think your D9P is just fine! I have one big, scrappy one that needs borders yet.

Donna said...

Such good news about the biopsy. And too bad about the car. I'll read further posts, and hopefully all is well with it by now. Your D9P is coming along beautifully!