About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Friday 12 March 2010

Rainy days!

I know I should be grateful for all the sunny days we have enjoyed this week but today its grey and rainy! Paul has taken the car to be MOT tested in Stanhope, so another busy day for him! This week has seen a great improvement in energy levels, long may it last. I pestered the Oncologist's secretary again this morning, I phoned her last week to say his scan date hadn't come through. Now another week without a date! If he doesn't get a date soon he wont get the results on April 9th as they wont be back in time.
She has promised to phone the hospital doing the scan and get back to me.
I finished 27 9patch blocks yesterday and cut them ready to sew into D9P today!! Then I will lay them all out on a bed and see if I have enough for a quilt yet!! Once I had cut the blocks apart I put all the 'quarters' into a carrier bag and shook them up, then put my hand it for each section of the new block. This way I hope it will be really random and scrappy, but with enough similar colours to 'hold' the quilt together. I need to lay them out to make sure the darker patches are spread evenly through the quilt to balance it!! I havent decided if I want to make a scrappy pieced border with half square triangles or whether it would be too busy and a simple floral border would be better!!
This afternoon I go to the hospital to get the results of the biopsy they did on a mole on my face 2 weeks ago. hopefully there is nothing suspicious, they seemed to think it was a tick in the box thing but you never know!! Two of the chickens wounded in the dog attack on monday are looking a bit sad and sorry for themselves, I have a horrible feeling we will have to bite the bullet and put them out of their misery. I hate doing it but can't watch them suffer. I rang up about some replacement hens and it will cost me about £70 so it was an expensive meal for the lurcher!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I hope Paul gets his scan date and you get good news at the hospital about the biopsied mole. I have had two skin cancers....both minor ones, but upsetting none-the-less...one on my forehead and one at the base of my throat. They say it's all sun damage from when I was a child and a teen...and in those years, we had no idea how much the sun was damaging us. *sigh* Can't wait to see your D9P progress.

lynda said...

sounds like things are ticking along...debating wheter or not to get more chickens..baby #2 is a BOY! Lynda