About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Identity of mystery Lurcher revealed!

We discovered by chance that our neighbour in the renovated barn above us has been trying to rehome a Lurcher dog. She was absolutely mortified when she realised the devastation he had caused when he had escaped from her propery. She very kindly bought down a box of chocolates and some money towards the replacement hens, which we thought was very neighbourly of her.
The new hens are settling in well, they are quick learners, either that or our existing hens are good teachers, because now they escape from the run into the garden with the rest!!! They haven't quite learnt how to get back into the run quickly and look innocent when the back door is opened yet!
I have been busy creating Spring in the sewing room as the weather outside is still not co operating fully! I have been using the scrap D9P to make secret cushion (quillow) picnic blankets for my daughter and granddaughter. Daisy's one is tiny as it's for her dolly!!
I really like this blue I found for the backing, it makes me think of summer skies, hot lazy days and picnics.

1 comment:

Donna said...

It's good you found out who the lurcher was, and I'm glad the neighbor helped out with the cost of the hens. Your D9P quillows are going to be lovely.