About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Sunday 9 January 2011

God is good

We have had another dump of snow, so I carefully defrosted the car and slowly made my way down an icy road to Church, on the way saw 2 people walking in the same direction, so I asked if they were on the way to Church. They were so they hopped in and we crawled down the hill. They turned out to be newcomers to the village that I had met at the Jenny's cottage gathering  just before Christmas!!
Well my good deed was repayed big time, my friend's son arrived when I got back from Church, he is a big strong strapping rugby player and farmer!! He came to split logs and do any other jobs requiring muscle or height!!! Bless him , he made short work of the snow on the front path and then went up to the salt bin and collected a bucket of grit which he spread for me so I wont slip, even spread some round the coal bunker, and left me with another bucket of grit for emergencies! Plus I now have a weeks worth of split logs and a promise he will come with the tractor and log splitter and finish the rest of the shed!!!!  A big cheery grin and a cuddle made me feel so much better!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy you got some wood chopped and grip down by a big healthy guy.
Just found your blog and I love the chicken.

Pat said...

I'm so happy to hear you had some of these chores done for you today. It was very nice of you to drive those newcomers to church, also. Stay snug and warm now with this cold weather and snow!