About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Saturday 8 January 2011

more productive day

Better day today, delivered a birthday present for a friend and met up with very good friends for a cuppa. Then found a new hairdresser in a local village, on recommendation! Skin test and an appointment for tuesday afternoon to be trimmed and coloured!!! Home for a late lunch, then curiosity got the better of me, I managed to take the drawers from Paul's chest of drawers and carry them across to the little bedroom in the loft, then I thought I would attempt to move the carcass and see if I could get it down the stairs by myself or if  I would need to wait for muscle help. Tenacity is a wonderful thing, usually disguised as 'bloody mindedness!' little by little I got it down the stairs and around the bend, through the lounge and up the stairs at the other end of the house! It is now happily in place in the little bedroom, drawers reinstalled!!!
I had a great sense of self satisfaction and it has helped to re instate my self confidence in my ability to live here independently. I was beginning to doubt whether I could. I also managed to use the log splitter this morning and split 4 logs, I think the clue is not to try to do too many and to stand behind the splitter so I can put my whole body weight against the lever to get it to move once the pressure is on!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Good for you.....all steps toward building your confidence! I'm happy to read about this. What fun to get a new hairdresser and haircut and color, too......will make for a nice treat for you this week.

Donna said...

Glad to hear it was a better day today. I know you were worried about splitting logs, so congratulations on getting that figured out. As for the hairdresser, I think a new cut and color really help lift the spirits!