About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Wednesday 5 January 2011

productive day

The fire glass I ordered yesterday arrived early this morning and my kind neighbour fitted it to the log burner door!! My new bed frame arrived this afternoon so now I need a family member to come and help me build it in my room and get rid of the divan!!
A friend came with presents from school and stayed for a cup of tea, she lost her husband to cancer some years ago so really understands how I feel. She is such good fun and very kind. We had a lovely couple of hours. I dont quite know how it happened but somehow I have agreed to go to an art group on friday afternoon, as I dont draw or paint this could be interesting!!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I'm glad you are going to the group...it will be good for you to get out AND you can admire their work (even if you can't contribute anything yourself in the way of drawing!!!)

Donna said...

I hope you enjoyed your group. You're pretty isolated it sounds like, so probably good to get to see some other folks, although I know and understand that you do enjoy the time being at home and working on things there.