About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Monday 3 January 2011

Spring Cleaning

I made an early start on spring cleaning by finally managing to take down and wash the lampshades in the front room, and to clear out old shoes from the shoe rack by the front door! The old chest freezer is now clean and ready to go to Denise's. Tomorrow I will tackle the broken glass in the log burner door! Slowly making inroads on the excess books I now have 3 carrier bags to take to the charity shop. No quilting today but made a start on the second sleeve of the cardigan I have been knitting since before Paul died. Very slowly beginning to pick up jobs which have needed doing for a long time. Its good to have the peace and quiet and time at home to do things at my own pace, which at the moment seems to be very slow!

2 comments:

Pat said...

It is a good feeling to accomplish things that have needed doing, isn't it? I am hoping for continued peace and contented days for you, my quilting friend.

Anonymous said...

Hey Cathy! Glad to see you are blogging again! I am doing UFO's...TOO many to count...
Hope I can see you when I am next in the UK..Love, Lynda