About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Saturday 1 January 2011

quiet time

What a difference a year makes, New Years Day last year we woke to deep snow, this year it was just me and I woke up to light snow flurries!! No hens to dig out, fuel in the house courtesy of my lovely son and just myself to please. Barney got walked and the fire has been on all day, the house has been much warmer and the boiler hasnt clicked on so hopefully I have used less oil today!
All day I have been promising myself an hour on the cottage garden quilt, but what with ironing, cleaning and concerned family phone calls I just havent had time!! maybe tomorrow! It has been good to spend a quiet day gently pottering. Hopefully tomorrow will be brighter skies and more peace and quiet, maybe I really will get some quilting done!!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Little things seem to take up the time, don't they? I hope you can find some time to do the things you enjoy.