About Me

Weardale, Co Durham, United Kingdom
I am a keen quilter, enjoying both hand and machine quilting. I mainly machine piece and avoid too much applique! I have 12 silly chickens who are supposed to live in a run alongside the main garden, but they didn't read the instructions and keep escaping! I am a very part time teacher, just a few afternoons teaching French to primary children to subsidise my fabric habit.

Tuesday 4 January 2011

log burners

A kind neighbour came to help me sort out what I needed to mend the logburner glass door. Its ordered and should come tomorrow. We then moved on to log splitting lessons, sadly no matter how hard I tried I just wasnt strong enough. I spent the afternoon with a hot water bottle in my back nursing the pain in my shoulder and back! I will have to rely on my menfolk to split logs when they come. I do hope I can cope here, I wouldfind it very difficult to have to leave, all my memories of Paul are here.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Give yourself time.....and allow yourself to accept offers of help from others. (Sometimes that is hard to do as one wants to be so independent.) I'm sure you will be able to work it all out nicely in time.